- Remove the remains of laying, sealant, dirt, oil, lubricant and other alien materials from the block of cylinders of the engine. Visually check the block of cylinders for lack of a rust, corrosion, cracks and other defects.
- Clear the interfaced surfaces of a head of the block of cylinders and the block of cylinders of the laying remains. A metal ruler and the probe in six directions check planeness of the interfaced surface of the block of cylinders.
Deviation from planeness: 0,03 mm
Maximum permissible deviation from planeness: 0,1 mm
- Measure diameters of cylinders in the opposite directions, in three planes on height of cylinders. If diameters of cylinders exceed admissible values, have ovality or conicity or the surface of cylinders is damaged or has development, the block of cylinders needs to be chiseled and installed new pistons and piston rings of the repair size.
Nominal diameter of the cylinder: 82 mm
Conicity of the cylinder: no more than 0,01 mm
- If in the top part of the cylinder there is a step, cut off it the special tool.
- As spare parts pistons of four increased sizes are delivered: 0,25, 0,5, 0,75 and 1,00 mm.
- When boring cylinders to the next increased size sustain a gap between the piston and the cylinder and be convinced that pistons have the same increased size.
- Measure the outer diameter of each piston at distance of 47 mm from a piston skirt.
Gap between the piston and the cylinder:
- l engines 1,8 and 2,0: 0,02–0,04 mm;
- engines of 1,6 l: 0,025–0,045 mm.
- When using new details the maximum gap no more than 85 microns is allowed.