5.1.8. Checks of system of injection of MFI
If MFI system components (sensors, ESM, nozzles, etc.) fail, supply of fuel in engine cylinders on various operational modes is broken that leads to the following situations.
- The engine is started hardly or not started.
- The engine idles unstably.
- The engine works at all modes unstably.
In the presence of any of above-mentioned situations, first of all execute usual diagnostics (system of ignition, adjustment of the engine, etc.) then check MFI system components the HI-SCAN scanner.
- Before removal or replacement of any element of system consider codes of malfunctions then disconnect a wire from the negative plug of the rechargeable battery.
- Before a wire detachment from the negative plug of the rechargeable battery switch off ignition. The wire detachment at the working engine or at the included ignition can lead to damage of the ESM control unit.
- Connection of the sensor of oxygen with the ESM block is executed by a screened wire for reduction of possible hindrances of radio reception from system of ignition. At damage of the shielding braid the wire needs to be replaced.
- When checking the generator do not disconnect a wire from the positive plug of the rechargeable battery for an exception of damage of the ESM block.
- At charging of the rechargeable battery installed in the car from an external source for an exception of damage of the ESM block previously disconnect wires of onboard network of the car from battery plugs.